Friday, February 8, 2013

Social Media

Oh, the age of the internet.  There are so many social faux pas to be made.  The etiquette ladies haven't yet caught up with how to be polite and professional on the Twitters and shiz.  So, I'm having to find my way around divorce in this lovely time.  To delete all photos that are evidence of past relationship or not?  I mean, they are a part of my personal history but at the same time my soon to be ex-husband just deleted his entire Facebook account to clear his pictures.  So, I went through a small cleaning spree today and cleared out a lot, but I find myself unable to delete everything.  I mean, for godsakes it was half of my life thus far.  So, we'll see.

In other news....not much.  Still have the foster cat, and the vet hasn't called me back to schedule her last check-up, so we'll have her a bit longer.  Still have a mother cat and 6 now very hungry kittens in the spare bedroom, and all of the kittens now have bald spots from ringworm.  Oh joy.  Still not studying enough for my qualifiers this semester.  Still loving my life (outside of work and school, that is).  Still not sure of how to dial international numbers as I sit here staring at the weird phone number on this pen I have from Derrick's dad's company.

I'll be going to Seattle in May for my very first ARVO conference (The Association for Research in Vision and Opthamology).  I'm getting pretty excited about it as I get more packets in the mail and info in my email.  I'll have to get some "professional" clothes together for this shiz, hope they weren't part of the clothes stolen from my car!  The conference itself should kick ass (except for the whole presenting for the first time at the "largest gathering of eye and vision researchers in the world), but also I'm super excited to go to Seattle, since I've never been up there.  Woohoo!  I'm definitely planning on taking a few extra days to see the sights, even though it will still be during general exam time and I'm sure my PI won't be too pleased with me....heh.  Anyway the best part of the conference is that on Thursday there will be a symposium on ER stress and the unfolded protein response in ocular health and disease......which is EXACTLY the topic of my thesis work.  So, I'm only sad that it will be AFTER my proposal is due, as it could be super helpful in writing that shit. 

That's all for now.  My life right now is that I spend the day at work being a bit stressed that I'm not getting far enough in my studying for the generals, and then going home and being amazingly content that everything there is so great.  So it balances, I guess?

No comments:

Post a Comment