Friday, February 1, 2013

The Big D

Mike officially filed our divorce papers today.  I got a bit misty eyed last night driving them over to finish the signing process.  It wasn't really for the loss of it, it was for feeling foolish for getting married in the first place.  I loved my wedding--it was awesome possum and great fun.  But...I knew at the time when I did it that it wasn't right, I just refused to admit it to myself.  I knew at the time that I didn't want to lose D, and how better to lose your boyfriend than to get married to someone else?  It was foolish, and I'm sorry for everyone I hurt.

But, I have to admit, knowing this morning that it was filed, and the process really truly begun, it was a great sense of relief.  We can both move on and find what actually makes us happy, since unfortunately it wasn't each other.  And I, at least, can still look back on shiz like this with fond memories:







No comments:

Post a Comment