Friday, September 9, 2011

Why is it that we have to work for a living? Here's the thing...I don't think there is a job on this planet that would pay me enough to live off of that I would absolutely love. There are some lucky-ass people that live that dream. It will not be me.

In case you didn't know this about me--I'm probably the laziest person you'll ever know. I will do everything I can to do nothing. I will lie, cheat, possibly even stab just to get a night on the couch with Madmen or Tim and Eric. And chips and salsa.

What was my point here? Shit, I don't know. All I know is that I was just told that now that I have started school, not only is my workload pretty much the same (possibly more now that my beloved coworker left and I am the senior person in my lab despite the fact that the other 2 are effing doctors...), but I am also expected to stay 30 minutes later every day. That is 2 and a half hours of couch to ass time I'm missing out on PER WEEK! This is a tragedy, to say the least.

And yes, I know (Selina) that I'm griping WAAAAAAAY too much for being so lucky as to get paid to go to grad school and get such an opportunity to earn my PhD with pretty much no debt. And I'll work on the not griping part. But for now, my lazy ass self is having a very hard time transitioning into a full time student and full time lab manager/senior technician. I'm important hot-shit now, apparently, but my brain just wants me to fail and be a bum or a trophy wife. And I'm far too pretty for the first and not pretty enough for the latter, so I better just see this whole Doctor Lynsie thing to its end. So that maybe, just maybe, I can work really hard for a while, cure a big disease, sell the research to a drug company, save up a shitload, and then spend my remaining years sitting on my ass watching mindless TV and occasionally going hiking so I don't have a heart attack. Never stop dreaming, people.

1 comment:

  1. lol Seriously I am living my dream in a lot of ways but I still bitch. Part of the fun in life is bitching

    ReplyDelete